Thursday 11 February 2021

Cemetery Stuff: There's No Place Like Home

The view over a graveyard in the evening with misty blue hues

For those that haven’t followed me for long, I’m called The Cemetery Witch because I live on a cemetery. Our house is the original cemetery keeper’s lodge from 1860.

Today’s prompt “Home” got me thinking about one of my favourite quotes:

“Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?” - Stephanie Perkins

I think the answer is definitely “Yes”...

Hobbit doors 
Secrets
Winding staircases
Original floors
Pointy chapels
Metre-thick walls 
Cobwebs 
Wooden halls
Iron gates
Unusual visitors 
Intriguing headstones

A witchy dream come true.  But it’s more than that. It’s my sanctuary, my safe place, the home I share with my love, my first home, my whole heart, and indeed, another "person."

NEXT - Cemetery Stuff: Memento Mori
NEXT - Simple Magick: Genius Loci
NEXT - Simple Magick: Spirits Of The Home 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving comments!