Thursday 25 February 2021

Review: Do I Have To Wear Black? by Mortellus

Do I Have To Wear Black Book by Mortellus surrounded by red roses

Do I Have To Wear Black? Rituals, Customs & Funerary Etiquette for MODERN PAGANS by Mortellus

I had the joy, the absolute honour, of reading and reviewing this amazing and touching book by @acrowandthedead for @witch.with.books (available now @llewellynbooks) - it was a journey that moved me to tears on more than one occasion.

This book explores the subject of death; and our customs, rituals and etiquette surrounding it. There is a wealth of helpful information, both spiritual and practical, on death, dying, and forward funeral planning. The author writes with authority as a Pagan and a mortician, and shares her personal experiences and beliefs throughout.

Amongst many other insightful and helpful topics, this book includes:
Views on the Afterlife 
Customs and Funerary Rites for many Pagan paths 
Restorative Arts & Crafts 
Companion Animals
Loss of a Child 
Pagan Mourning

This book is a must have for any Pagan bookshelf, and I know it’s only February, but I feel extremely confident in saying that if there is only one book you should read this year, this is it.

Find out more about this fabulous book by reading the review over on the Witch With Me Blog. Get there via the links on @witch.with.books and @witch.with.me.

NEXT - Review: Channel Your Goddess Energy by Kirsten Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!