Sunday 12 September 2021

Simple Magick: Storing Tarot Decks

Stack of Tarot Decks in coloured drawstring bags on a wooden floor

I have accrued so many tarot decks over the years that I no longer have room (or the inclination!) to keep them boxed and shelved. I know that traditionally they are wrapped in silk, but when you have 20+ decks that becomes somewhat unsustainable.

Of course, if you prefer to wrap yours in silk that’s ok, too! As with all aspects of the Craft it’s really important to do what’s right for you.

My go to method is the drawstring bag. They’re quick and easy to make - or cheap to buy - and stored in this method they’re kept clean and safe. I find that I can recognise each deck by the material of the bag, and their position in the basket that I keep them in. The drawstring bag method is also brilliant if you like to travel with your decks. I have put one in my handbag many times.

How do you store your tarot decks? Did you have a preferred method that you had to abandon once you accrued a certain amount? Where do you keep all the boxes? What is your favourite tarot deck? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!