Monday 20 September 2021

Fabulous Folklore: King Arthur £23 Notes

Hand holding a £23 note showing the face of King Arthur

I see some funny things on my travels, in this instance a £23 note given to my friend by King Arthur Pendragon at our friend’s funeral on Friday.

For those who aren’t aware, Arthur Uther Pendragon is an eco-campaigner and Druid, best known for his battles with English Heritage regarding the monument of Stonehenge, and a self-declared reincarnation of King Arthur, a name by which he is also known. He is the face on the £23 note, and for those that don’t live in England, £23 notes are not a thing.

Hand holding a £23 note showing the back which depicts Stonehenge

The back of the note reads:

“The sum total of all wealth in the world is the sum total of all human activity, paid and unpaid, through all time on this planet. Therefore, we say, it must be free.”

I was kind of lucky that I could show you this now, as it fits neatly into my “pink” scheme (more obvious on Instagram). This is often how it goes, my page seems to sort of flow, and the pink things appear! But I often feel constrained by the colour scheme I have set myself, and there is a pressure to post every day, to create a “chunk” of colour, something I struggle with when my health is not good.

I am considering changing the page to “free” images for a while, and post up what I want, when I want. Whilst my page and posts are not contrived, it could be time for a change.

What do you think? Is it the colour scheme that brought you here, or the information in the posts? Would you like to see a change? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!