Wednesday 19 October 2022

Ancestral Marriage Support

Candle in a granite bowl surrounded by tealights and crystals and an old wedding photograph

I met (and married) my husband in October, and as we move into the darker, colder months I like to call upon my ancestors for their love, support and guidance to watch over and protect the union that is my marriage.

Dorothy Kate
Beatrice Winifred
Ethel May
Clarence Alfred
Derek Lyle
Kenneth Stanley

They always feel very close to me around this time, and a little bit of anniversary love and support goes a long way.

In this picture you can see my handfasting cords (we handfasted a few years before we married) and a picture of my maternal grandparents.

On Samhain night I usually connect with my grandmother, Dorothy Kate. She was a woman to be reckoned with, and I can always rely on her to give me the best advice - and she’ll always give it to me straight. I also feel like my husband’s parents are around at this time of year - it’s nice to know that we are being watched over and cared for. 


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were still blogging Lauren, following you now xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments!