Saturday 11 December 2021

Simple Magick: Sex Magick

A couple in flower headdresses look at each other during their handfasting, the man smiling at the woman who is facing away from the camera

In “Spells & How They Work” by Janet & Stewart Farrar it is written:

“Sex magic should be used only by a couple to whom sex is a normal part of their loving relationship - in other words, by husband and wife or established lovers - and always in private. It should be used within a Magic Circle, even if it has ‘only’ been cast mentally around the bed.”

Whilst I don’t agree that Sex Magic has to happen between a man and a woman for it to be successful (I believe polarity can be found in other ways, and I don’t wish to get into the debate of gender here), I think there is definitely something in the statements that the couple should be established, and in private.

Orgasm is the point at which the built up energy from visualisation is released, and whilst this energy can be harnessed and used for magical aim with any type of partner (casual or otherwise), I’ve been thinking about the depth of established relationships, and how they relate to this sort of magickal act.

When I think of my husband and the very many years we’ve spent together, I think of the deep knowing and understanding we have of each other. This is an extremely powerful thing. Without looking at him, I can tell immediately how he might feel about something just seen or heard, and we can pass information to each other with just a glance. I can tell when he’s not far away from home, and he can tell I’m upset before I am. Throw in all the trials and tribulations the years throw at you, and the commitment to each other. Then there is the physical relationship built up over many years. That’s an extremely potent energy to apply to working towards a common goal. 

I’m not saying that established relationships ARE better for Sex Magick, but there’s no denying they’re certainly very powerful. As for carrying out the act in private, it’s a bit like any other type of spellwork. In keeping it hidden, it does not become diluted by other people’s energy, will or intent, and is more likely to be successful.

NEXT - Simple Magick: 30 Low-Energy Magickal Activities
NEXT - Simple Magick: Using Eggshells
NEXT - Fabulous Folklore: The Leicestershire Chambermaid 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!