Wednesday 27 October 2021

Gather the Witches and the Pendle Pardon Campaign

Glowing pumpkin with The Cemetery Witch carved into it

Hey everyone, today're talking the Pendle Witch Trials and the Pendle Pardon Campaign. I’m taking part in the @witch.with.me annual #gatherthewitches hashtag challenge over on Instagram. Today’s prompt is Pumpkin, and here’s my “The Cemetery Witch” pumpkin. I didn’t have enough room for the “The”, but I managed to get in a gravestone and a bat at least!

I’d love to take this opportunity to remind you all that I am supporting Blackpool Tower Dungeon (@btowerdungeon) and Semra Haksever’s (@mamamooncandles) campaign to pardon the Pendle witches.

This Halloween they’re recounting the terrible tale, and launching a campaign to call on the UK government to grant an official pardon for the ten innocent people who were convicted and hanged for Witchcraft in 1612. Of course, the Pendle witches were not the only ones who suffered in this way. Many innocent people were victimised, and suffered the same fate.

Please add your signature to the petition (link in my Instagram bio and more information on all three of our pages).

Be sure also to check out Gather the Witches - the second, annual online witchy event happening this Samhain - head over to the @witch.with.me page for more information. Have a go at this challenge, you could win some free tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!