Thursday 15 April 2021

Simple Magick: The Pendulum

Lady's hand holding a rose quartz pendulum with a pink string

It’s Week Two of @witch.with.me ‘s Divination Month and I thought I’d show you guys my pendulum, which I’ve had for about twenty years. If you look closely it’s set in metal which has rusted in that time, which I really wish I could replace ~ any ideas?

I chose a piece of Rose Quartz for my pendulum. It’s such a caring, calming and nurturing stone that I felt it would serve me well; only giving me answers that were necessary and true. I don’t use it on its own very much; I tend to use it in conjunction with my tarot cards when something is unclear and I need clarity.

We have a sort of mutual respect; I only use it when really necessary, and in return it never lets me down. To some, it might be strange having a relationship with an object, but this pendulum of mine is very much an old friend! I think I have been lucky in not having a huge amount of disposable income over my adult life; which means I have only ever really had one of something, and so a deep connection with my tools has developed.

I’ve heard that the general consensus within the spiritual community is that using a wooden pendulum on a thread is the preferred option for receiving the greatest clarity because crystals and metals tend to absorb energies which could cloud or influence information. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!