Wednesday 21 April 2021

Tarot: Take A Look At My Favourite Deck

The Six of Pentacles card from the Druidcraft Tarot Deck

It’s Week Three of Divination Month over at Witch With Me and today’s Mini Challenge prompt is “My Favourite Tarot/Oracle Deck”.

My favourite deck of all time is The DruidCraft Tarot by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm. I’ve collected lots of decks over the years but this is my absolute favourite, and the only deck I really love to read with after the Rider Waite Smith. It is described as conveying “the teachings of Druidry and Wicca through the images painted by Will Worthington”. The cards are natural, colourful and relatable. They’re quite large, but I like that about them. The artist painted them using tempera – a method favoured by the Renaissance artists, using ground minerals and egg yolk.

This deck was originally released in 2004, some 17 years ago! Which makes me feel rather old!

What’s your favourite deck? Is it the first deck you made friends with? Do you have a preferred deck for reading? Is it different to your favourite deck? Tell me all about your Tarot preferences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!