Thursday 6 February 2020

Simple Magick: The Shadow

Shadow of a couple cast down a driveway towards a stone house with trees on the left


Today’s Witch With Me prompt immediately made me think of The Shadow, which is the psychological term for everything we can’t (or perhaps won’t) see in ourselves. You can no more get rid of this inner shadow than you can avoid casting an outer shadow in the sunlight.

It is hard to see one’s own Shadow; it is natural to want to deny anything unflattering. Whilst avoiding this ‘darker side’ we actually stunt our opportunity for growth and development; and in expending energy avoiding our true selves, we often miss the positive attributes of our personality.

Exploring The Shadow can lead to greater authenticity, which in turn leads to greater happiness, fulfilment, and creativity.

I have been doing a lot of work on my Shadow, and I am learning to love every part of myself, as I stumble through each situation and experience.

Photo is of Mr Cemetery and I looking down toward our house.

NEXT - Simple Magick: 65 Colour Correspondences 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!