Wednesday 9 September 2020

Simple Magick: Finding Your Witchcraft Path

Path leading to a double chapel building on a graveyard with a pink light cast by a pink sunset

Last week I spoke about the moment I was called to witchcraft. What came next? How did I find the right path or tradition?

After that pivotal moment, witchcraft became a way of life for me. When I turned 18 I joined two organisations; the Children of Artemis and the Pagan Federation, which meant I could interact with likeminded people. I joined a local moot, became part of a magickal group which met at my cottage once a month, and joined another group of witches that did handfastings and charity work. I became a reference model for pagan artists, and travelled the country, celebrating the sabbats at sacred sites with my friends, most of which are pagan or spiritual in some way. I’ve had a wealth of pagan or witchy experiences, but it is only in recent years (I’m now 27 years on from that initial calling) that I realised where I was travelling to, and found my true path.

I will cover my tradition in more detail later, but I wanted to tell new witches something on the basis of the story I’ve just told: it takes time.

It takes time to learn and develop, and to find out who you really are. It takes time to become experienced, and to find the things you are good at. The beauty of it is, this path always feels like new! Because there is always something new to learn. So grab it with both hands, and enjoy it.

NEXT - Simple Magick: The Witch's Stang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!