Saturday 1 August 2020

Pagan Holidays: Lughnasadh

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ag6i2l_NO4MRr0cmHG8kQEt5GmK3Q7HA

A blessed Lughnasadh everyone!

The first of three harvests, this time of year feels somewhat paradoxical; the Sun is at its zenith, but waning. The crops have reached their peak, but will soon be cut. The bounty of our land is at full swing, but soon it will be winter. This is a time of great abundance, but also loss.

It’s a time to give thanks; a time to reap what you have sown, literally and metaphorically, and to celebrate and share what you have achieved.

I baked my own recipe ~ Wren’s Lughnasadh Bread ~ to celebrate this special sabbat. Whilst I kneaded it, I reflected on what I have achieved this year, and what seeds I would like to sow for next year. I kneaded in my intentions.

This recipe will be available in the Lughnasadh (August) issue of Witchology Magazine @witchologymag - so be sure to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!