Thursday 9 January 2020

Gratitude Jar


Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

A Gratitude Jar is a great habit for happiness and wellbeing. It costs next to no money to make (all you need is a jam jar and some paper), and is a great way to record the many blessings that come our way over the course of a year.

Some know them as a ‘Joy Jar’, ‘Moments Jar’, ‘Good Times Jar’, or ‘Happy/Happiness Jar’. Ultimately, you can call it what you like, the idea behind it remains the same.

I have not made one in a few years, so I decided that as it is a new decade it was time I did one. Whilst I’m generally in the habit of practising mindfulness and gratitude on a daily basis, there is nothing better than opening up these magical bits of paper, and reliving those tiny moments of joy.

Some people choose to open theirs on New Year’s Day, but for me it makes more sense to do it on New Year’s Eve - a glimpse back at the past year, before starting a new year.
Whilst us Witches have actually had our New Year at Samhain, I chose to do this around the calendar year, because it just makes more sense (to my tiny brain!) to do it this way.

There are no rules as to what you can stick in your Gratitude Jar, but the focus is on what and who you are grateful for. However big or small.
Write it down, put the date on it, and stick it in the jar. It’s as simple as that.

I hope you all have a gorgeous 2020 full of blessings, big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!