Wednesday 16 December 2020

The Return of the Sun

A classic British Telephone Box with tomato plants growing inside next to a brick wall

Earlier on in the week @autumncroneapothecary and I were talking about most witches having a strong relationship with the Moon (as it should be), but us feeling much closer to the Sun and solar energy.

As a Cancer I put this down to being born in the summer, I just feel so connected to it. There’s also no avoiding the fact that with several conditions related to my muscles and joints I’m relieved when the days get longer and warmer and my bones don’t hurt and click quite so much!

As we approach the Winter Solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere, I have been thinking about all the good things that happened in the warmer half of this year, and I’m really looking forward to what’s to come. A particular highlight this year was driving through a quirky little village near us and spotting this telephone box with tomatoes planted inside.

I’m looking forward to picnics and our annual Beltane celebration, time in the park with the kids, dinner in my parents’ garden, foraging, spending some time near water (typical Cancerian!) and warmth on my face.

What about you? What Sun sign are you? Does it relate to whether you prefer summer or winter? Do you think 2021 is going to be a good year for you?  What are you looking forward to most in 2021? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!