Monday 20 July 2020

Natural Remedies: Meadowsweet Foot Soak

Lady wearing a green and blue skirt soaking her feet in a meadowsweet footbath surrounded by towel, book and mobile phone

Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria), also known as Meadwort, hars been used for its medicinal purposes since the Bronze Age.

Today, its job was to soothe my tired, aching feet, and lend some comfort to my frazzled nerves ahead of a busy week.

I’m going to share a bit more about Meadowsweet over the coming days, including a photograph of this wonder herb, but today I want to share with you my recipe for a foot bath.

Fresh Meadowsweet Foot Soak:
Take ten heads of Meadowsweet and place in a large pan. 
Cover with 1.5L of water.
Bring to a boil, then leave to steep for 15 minutes.
Strain into a basin. Add some cool water if needed.
Soak your feet, and relax!

Whilst this recipe is simple, it is super-refreshing, and my feet always feel like new afterwards. They are soothed, softened, and moisturised. The fragrance and time out has made me ready, mentally, for the week ahead.

Do exercise some caution as the Meadowsweet stains some materials yellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments!